One of the key focuses of Fandom PDX since Green Mustard Entertainment took over has been to integrate the convention into the LOCAL fan community. As part of this initiative, we’re looking to bring on a staff artist for Fandom PDX 2020 to help with the forthcoming ad campaign.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- A *local* artist. This means you are based in Portland, Oregon/the PDX region.
- The ability to produce artwork in a digital format for online and print use. You will also be designing the convention badge.
- The ability to communicate clearly via email.
- The ability to draw our mascot, Wasabizilla. You know… this guy:
What we’re offering:
- You will be listed as Featured Talent for Fandom PDX 2020.
- We will provide a complimentary Artist Alley table for you at the event. (You will be able to sell prints based on the artwork your create for us and your other artwork, too!)
- In addition to your Featured Talent pass – we will provide you with two (2) additional complimentary Weekend Passes for your friends/family.
- A hotel room at our host hotel (The Sheraton) checking in Saturday and checking out Sunday. (One  night.)
HERE’S HOW TO GET YOUR NAME IN THE RUNNING:
- Draw a sketch of Wasabizilla so we can see how your style matches up to our character’s look. NOTE: The Fandom PDX Wasabizilla is blue, not green like the Wasabi Anime/WasabiCon one.
- Email it to Contact@FandomPDX.com with the subject “Fandom PDX Artist” with the following info:
– Your name
– Your artist website
– Your age
– Your zip code
We will select an artist before the end of September.
For reference, here are some Wasabizilla sketches.
WASABI ANIME VERSION: