Channel your inner pop star (or rock star… or country star… you get it, right?) while “performing” Milli Vanilli (Ashley Simpson?) style in your chosen character costume. Please review the rules before entering because we have updated some of them for the newer version of the competition.
1. You must have purchased an entry into Fandom PDX 2021 in order to enter/present on stage for the Cosplay Lip Sync Competition.
2. The Cosplay Lip Sync Competition is a family-oriented event. Please keep all costumes to a “PG-13″ rating (i.e. no nudity or overly revealing attire). Additionally, performances should not be lewd or suggestive.
3. All songs submitted must be terrestrial radio appropriate.
4. Songs must be provided on a USB drive in MP3 format to be copied onto the event’s laptop. Fandom PDX staff will not be able to convert, decrypt, or rip songs for you, so please test it before bringing it to the competition.
5. Songs must be no longer than three (3) minutes. If you provide a song longer than three minutes, the tech will stop the song at the three minute mark. If you want to start the song at a different start time, you MUST provide the start time on your entry form OR provide an edited MP3 starting at the appropriate time.
6. The competition is limited to fifteen (15) entries who are accepted in the order of their application received. Five (5) additional stand-by applications will be accepted, but are not guaranteed to participate.
7. Entries are limited to five (5) on stage at the same time. More than five isn’t a group – it’s a choir. Additionally, you can only enter with ONE GROUP. You cannot be solo and in a group or a member of multiple groups entering.
8. It should go without saying, but just in case: this is a cosplay event. You must be in a costume/cosplay to perform in this competition.
-Best in Show