Thank you for being a part of the Fandom PDX 2019 Costume Contest! Cosplay culture is a big part of fandom and we love showcasing the work of our attendees on stage to celebrate it. Here’s everything you need to know about this year’s competition.
Sign up for the Costume Contest takes place at 5:00 PM on Saturday, January 5th in Main Events (Mt. Adams Ballroom). You must be there at this time to participate and fill out the contest paperwork. Entries will be accepted in the order received.
The contest will start at 6:00 PM in Main Events.
1. You must have purchased an entry into Fandom PDX 2019 in order to enter/present on stage for the Costume Contest.
2. The Costume Contest is a family-oriented event. Please keep all costumes to a “PG-13″ rating (i.e. no nudity or overly revealing attire).
3. No bought costumes. Costumes must be 50% crafted or more. You may purchase parts of a costume, but said parts must be disclosed during the judging process. If you are not the maker of your costume (and simply modeling), said creator of the costume must be present with you upon entry. If the costume wins an award, the award will go to the creator of the costume.
4. All weapons and props must conform with Fandom PDX 2019 rules, hotel/conference center policies, and local laws concerning carrying a weapon. If there is a question of doubt, don’t bring it. (You can review the Fandom PDX event policies online at www.fandompdx.com/policies)
5. Please provide reference images of the character you are dressed as. We cannot guarantee the judges will know what your character looks like, so having something to compare to will help you as much as them! Please provide this image on a piece of paper to attach to your Costume Contest registration form. No digital images (i.e. cell phones, iPads, portable computers, tablets, etc.) or books can be submitted for your reference image. Please print the picture out for the judges.
6. Each costume must be entered separately. The costumes may be presented on stage (and prejudged) together, but each costume is judged as a separate entry.
7. The contest will be limited to 50 entries total. Please be at the convention’s Main Events room at the scheduled registration time to sign up.
8. Fandom PDX aka Green Mustard Entertainment, Inc. reserves the right to modify, update, or amend the rules at any time.
9. Have fun!
Best in Show
Judges Award #1
Judges Award #2
Judges Award #3